One week of the year has passed us by and I'm still trying to perfect my list of goals for 2015. This kind of thing is never perfect and usually fluid, so I'm going to go ahead and write down what's been swimming around in my crazy brain with the understanding that the terms and conditions of this list are subject to change.
I decided to narrow my goals down into categories to help my stay focused because, ADD, cats, a 2 year old, glitter, and other shiny things. I got the inspiration for categories from Victoria over at Poverty Luxe (you should seriously check out her blog!).
- Get a handle on my ADD. Seriously. I've been realizing more and more that most of my problems stem from my self-diagnosed and untreated ADD. As I become more aware of how ADD manifests itself in my life, I'm learning how to cope. I'm trying to notice when I get overloaded and distracted and to try and maintain focus (some days are easier than others), and if I have to get professional help this year, I will.
- Keep a day planner. For the whole year. I start every new year with a new planner. I love new planners and office supplies (and pens, OMG, PENS!!!), but I rarely end up using a planner with any consistency. This year, I'm going to plan time to plan and reward myself as I continue to use my planner.
- Have more date nights with Dennis. I think we've been out, just the two of us, a whopping 4 times since Jack was born. That's just not enough!!!
- Be more attentive with Jack. It's difficult for me to get everything done around the house and still have enough time and focus to just play with Jack. I find myself saying, "Hold on" and "Just a minute" a few too many times when he wants to call me over to play.
- Continue running.
- Participate in 3 5K races, 1 5K mud run, and 1 10K race this year.
- Join the YMCA. And actually go. They have free childcare, so I really don't have any excuses if/when we join. Plus they have a fabulous pool so Jack and I can swim after I workout. Oh, and they offer free childcare once a month so parents can have a date night. Win-win-win!
- Eat healthier meals and lose weight. Dropping 1-2 sizes would be nice!
- No overdraft fees this year!!! Seriously, I'm terrible with my checking account. I know I'm supposed to be an adult and that's supposed to make me responsible, but even when I'm making more money than I do now, I end up overdrafting at least once a year. NO MORE, I TELL YOU, NO MORE!!!!
- Actually create a budget for myself. I have money I put into our joint account for bills and such, but, again, I'm terrible with my checking account and I think a budget would help
- Make/find enough money in the budget for the YMCA membership
- Make/find enough money in the budget for eyelash extensions. Yes, I know this is totally unnecessary and superficial, but before Jack was born, I was getting regular eyelash extensions and I LOVED THEM SO MUCH!!! I'm not much of a girly girl and I rarely wear makeup (even though I do love it), and having eyelash extensions make me feel so fucking glamorous. And I really miss that.
- Finish all the unfinished projects from the last 2 years. And I'm not talking about finishing decorating a room, I'm talking about finishing painting the dresser I started in September of 2013, and a felt flag banner I started making for Jack's room sometime in 2013 kind of projects.
- Unpack all the boxes in the extra room
- Purge, purge, purge! We have so much stuff we don't need!!!
- Finally get everything out of our old house
- Plan and stay focused with Jamberry. I love this company, I love the product, and while I don't expect to be able to quit my job and pay off my house like some women in this company have done, I do want to grow a small team and have enough extra money for some of my financial goals.
- Finally open my own massage business. I've said this for years and I'm going to make 2015 my year!!!
- Learn to become a doula.
- Learn to do placenta encapsulation.
- Establish an editorial calendar and stick to it. Consistent posting is important!!!
- Actually move to WordPress and redesign the look of my blog
- Truly monetize with a plan (I don't have a plan yet - I need one, but I don't want to move forward with monetization until I have a plan)
- Increase my numbers (I'm not sure yet what I want those numbers to be)
- Better utilize other social media (Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)
I think that's plenty to keep me busy for this year, don't you?!? What do you have planned for 2015?