- Date Night. March was a dud of a month, but I'm not going to let that happen to April. So I'm already looking for a night to have my MIL watch Jack so we can have a date night. I'm not sure what we'll do - dinner and a movie sound nice and it's been forever since we've seen a movie in a theatre. Only problem: I have no idea what movies are in the theatres now. I'm so out of touch!
- Keep a Schedule. There were a couple of weeks in March where I didn't really take the time to figure out my daily and weekly schedules. I know this is partly because my ADD was making me feel super overwhelmed and I just didn't know where to start, but maintaining a to-do list and staying on top of how my time is spent is a big part in trying to manage all those distractions. This month I'm going to work on staying on top of my schedule and actually trying to look at what needs to be accomplished and planned for in the immediate future. How's that for trying to be an adult? And, of course, I'll be using my Erin Condren Life Planner for all my scheduling needs. Want $10 off a planner of your own, use my referral link, and we'll both get $10 off!
- Finding a way to workout even if I can't run. Running is my #1 go to for exercise. Actually it's my only go to for exercise and if I'm not able to get in my run (if the weather is bad or Jack is sick or whatever), I don't have a backup plan. I feel like crap both physically and emotionally if I don't run and there are plenty of ways to get moving without running. Dennis thinks I should put on music and dance around the house for half an hour (fun but awkward, lol), and I know there are plenty of exercise videos for free on the interwebs. Plus, I know we have a jump rope somewhere around here. My point - I have options besides running and I need to start paying attention to those options.
- Participate in a 5K. Speaking of running, I missed the Bayou City Classic last month and now feel like I'm behind on my goal of doing three 5K runs this year. It's a good thing I'm in Houston and there are literally more 5K races every month than I could actually run. So I'm going to close my eyes and point to the list, pay my registration fees, and just do it!
- I also found a FB fitness challenge for April. You can join in here - it's not too late to start!
- No Overdrafts. I'm ashamed to admit that I had one overdraft last month. I transfer money between accounts and my transfer hadn't posted in time, so it's not like it was a neglectful financial oversight, but it was still an overdraft and I feel shitty about it. So, no more overdrafts this year. Seriously.
- Make a Budget. Still haven't managed to do this. I have no idea where to even start on this (probably why I'm almost 35 and still don't have a monthly budget). I'll go back to YNAB.com and try to make a rough draft. Maybe. We'll see.
- Morning and Evening Routines, plus a clean kitchen sink. March was devoid of all routines except for my weekly Power Hour. Adding a Morning and Evening Routine to the mix as well as keeping up with the dishes should be simple enough to do (maybe not easy, but simple).
- Get Jack a new bed and organize his room. Jack is almost two and a half and he's still squeezing into the co-sleeper from when he was a baby. I like having him right next to me at night, but he's just gotten too big to fit anymore. I don't know if we're going to put his new bed in our room or finally transition him to the sunroom next to our room (and like 5 feet from me). Ikea, here we come.
- March was a dud month all around and I completely neglected my Jamberry business. Partly because I had a difficult hostess whose shenanigans I let completely take the wind out of my sails and partly because I'm spending a whole lot of time with it with minimal gains right now. I know I could be seeing better gains in the business if I were better organized and managed my time better (again, ADD is wrecking my life). Luckily, I've got the opportunity to be part of a group training with my Team Leader where I'm given small actionable steps to grow my business. I do much better when someone helps me narrow down the literally endless options and ways for running my business and says, here, do this and ignore the rest.
- Keep focused on the someday goal of having my own massage business. Eyes on the prize.
- Post regularly in April. Don't have another March. Duh.
- Editorial Calendar. At the very least, I'm going to write down on my calendar what I've posted even if I haven't pre-planned the post. And I'm going to try to at least pre-plan a post or two to see how that goes. Baby steps.
- Spring Clean my Blog. I went to the March meeting of the Houston Bloggers and they handed out a really useful list for blog spring cleaning. All I need to do is go through the checklist. Easy peasy.
Do you have any goals for April? How do you keep track of what you want to do each month?