It's been a long time since I've written a post about my monthly goals or intentions. It's not that I've been skating through the past few months without any ideas as to where I want to be by the end of the month, it's that even though I give myself some goals each month, I've been having trouble reaching them. Part of it is lack of motivation. Part of it is bad time management. Part of it is my ADD taking over and deciding other goals or projects are more worthy of my time and attention (so at least I'm still getting stuff done for the month - just not what I originally set out to accomplish). And, for some reason, part of it is just me freezing up and not knowing what to do next to reach those goals (also an effect of ADD - being overwhelmed by the steps of a process if they're not clearly outlined).
So I decided to join the Monthly Intentions Blogger Collaboration with The Clutter Box Blog and Fairy Lights and Dreams to maybe help get my shit together. I'm also going to try to narrow down this month's intentions to just a couple in each major category of my life so I don't overwhelm myself - October is a crazy busy month with Jack's birthday, our anniversary, the renaissance festival, and Halloween - oy, so much!
- Workout 3 times a week every week in October
- Use my bullet journal daily - and use my daily habit tracker
- Dye my hair back to a fun color
- Print anniversary family photo
- Plan Jack's birthday party
- Post 3 times a week
- Catch up with and post regularly as part of the #FallForSYBL Instagram challenge
- Add 40 new Pinterest followers
- Figure out why that share button is randomly floating at the top of all my posts & fix it
- Fix my Amazon Associates account - AGAIN, FFS
- Get space ready to rent
- Send at least one (preferable two) newsletters
- Research and place a Facebook ad (or two)
- Set up at least one massage partnership for reciprocal referrals
- Brainstorm holiday specials
- Clean Jack's room and organize his toys
- Clean area of extra bedroom and set up Jack's classroom
- Do my weekly Power Hour every week
- Stay on top of the dishes and laundry
- Find the knobs for the kitchen cabinets and install
I think that's more than enough to keep me busy this month. The trick is to actually stick to this list of intentions as much as possible - one of my big problems is not following my to-do list once it's made. I'm really looking forward to getting to know the other bloggers taking part in this project - if you're interested in participating, too, check out all the info you need over at Angela's blog.