It happens every year. I think I'm going to make it through October and November, but then November gets here and between the Renaissance Festival, our wedding anniversary, Jack's birthday, and Halloween, I'm completely spent. October made me it's bitch like it always does. Here we are, halfway through November and I'm just finding my footing - better late than never! So let's get to my November Intentions with Angela from The Clutter Box and Jazmine from Fairy Lights & Dreams.
October Highs and Lows
October is one of my favorite months, even if it slaps me around a little every year. It's always full of a lot of highs and this October didn't disappoint. Jack turned 4 (I can't believe how big he is!!!), we celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary with an amazing dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse (has it really been that long?!?), and of course, we had a blast at Halloween. Jack and I also got to see my Mom three times this month (we were there at the very beginning of the month, she visited us for Jack's birthday, and then we were there again at the end of the month).
General overwhelm and mismanagement of time. I'm really great at making a to-do list, but I'm awful at following through. I knew I was overextending what I could reasonably get done with everything else going on in October, but I still think I could've managed my time better and gotten more done.
October ResultsFirst off, let's see how I did in October. I set lots of goals for myself in October full well knowing how crazy busy we are and that I most likely wouldn't get through all of them. Normally, I set a bunch of goals for myself, don't accomplish the majority of them and then feel awful about myself. Not this month - I mean, I didn't get through all of my goals, but I don't hate myself this time around.
- Workout 3 times a week every week in October - close, but no cigar. I managed to go a couple of times a week for most of the month, then the week of Jack's brithday, I just lost my steam and had other things to focus on. But I made a decent effort and I feel good about making that effort.
- Use my bullet journal daily - and use my daily habit tracker - meh, sorta. I used my bullet journal, but completely ignored my daily habit tracker. I think I just had too many patterns I was trying to change this month and tracking new things wasn't a priority
- Dye my hair back to a fun color - YES!!! And I'm loving life as a pink-head again!
- Print anniversary family photo - YES!!! But, I still need to post our annual Reyna Family Photo here!
- Plan Jack's birthday party - YES!!! And it was perfect!!!
- Post 3 times a week - hahahahahahah. no.
- Catch up with and post regularly as part of the #FallForSYBL Instagram challenge - nope, nope, nope.
- Add 40 new Pinterest followers. Not sure. I didn't write down where I was at the begining of the month because I thought I could bring up the numbers in TailWind, but I'm not paying for the top tier service, so I wasn't able to go back and look up the numbers.
- Figure out why that share button is randomly floating at the top of all my posts & fix it. Still need to do that.
- Fix my Amazon Associates account - AGAIN, FFS - YES!!!! Now if only I could start earning some affiliate income, that would be great!
- Get space ready to rent - not even close. I need to figure out why I'm dragging my feet on this one.
- Send at least one (preferable two) newsletters - nope. Why am I self sabotaging?!?
- Research and place a Facebook ad (or two). Nope. Get it together, Brogan.
- Set up at least one massage partnership for reciprocal referrals. Nope.
- Brainstorm holiday specials - kinda? Didn't figure out any specials, but I did think about it.
- Clean Jack's room and organize his toys - halfway there. I got his room cleaned out, but I need to organize his toys.
- Clean area of extra bedroom and set up Jack's classroom. Nope. I'll need Den's help on this one, so we need to coordinate our schedules.
- Do my weekly Power Hour every week. Nope.
- Stay on top of the dishes and laundry. Sorta. The dishes piled up a couple of times, but for the most part, I kept the sink from overflowing - YAY!!!
- Find the knobs for the kitchen cabinets and install - nope. I'm pretty sure these are in the pile of stuff I need to clean out of the extra bedroom where I want to set up Jack's classroom, so once Den and I work together to clean that spot, I expect to find the knobs
Seeing as how we're already halfway through this month, I'm going to try to keep my goals more realistic this month. There are still two weekends of the renaissance festival and Thanksgiving, so I want to try to not overwhelm myself. And whatever I don't get done, I'll try to take care of in December (hahahahaha, like I ever manage to get stuff done in December)
- Workout 2-3 times a week
- Come up with a rough draft of a daily routine (to keep me focused and hopefully better able to get my to-do list stuff done)
- Get my bangs trimmed
- Catch up with my Weekend Snapshots and Sunday Confessions
- Post my November Intentions (see what I did there?!?)
- Figure out that weird floating share thingy - srsly
- Send out a newsletter - and Black Friday Deal
- Tweak Groupon offer
- Get space ready to rent
- Keep Jack's room clean and organize/put away his toys
- Find those knobs
- Clean out that school corner
This list should keep me more than busy for the remaining days in November. I think I'll be able to make a decent dent in the list if I really buckle down and try. I definitely wouldn't have gotten as much done in October if I hadn't been part of this Blogger Collaboration. Make sure to check out everyone participating this month and if you want to join in in December, just contact Angela or Jazmine! Here's to the rest of November!!!